Green Roof Demonstration
"Planting a Green Roof Roof on a Dog House"
Frank Hyman, Cottage Garden Landscaping
- Saturday, January 12, 2008 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
Roofs planted with living plants are the rage in Europe. They are also a great way to save money and preserve the environment in this country. But best of all, green roofs provide one more place to garden! Join Frank Hyman in this hands-on demonstration where participants will learn to modify an existing dog house (or other small structure) so that living plants will thrive there. Frank will bring a dog house with the green roof components precut so that participants can see (and help install if they wish) each step. Steps shown will include: a) calculating materials, b) wood framing for the green roof, c) installing the waterproof liner and other components, d) making the soilless mix, e) choosing and installing plants, f) maintenance issues.
- $10.00 for members, $15.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.