Exploring iPhone Photography
Mary Doherty, Mary Doherty Photography
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
A fun three-hour, hands-on workshop designed to help you begin taking and processing unique and artistic photographs on your iPhone. Did you know there are actually five ways to click the shutter on the iPhone? Did you know you can set and lock the focus and exposure? Come learn how to set up your iPhone to begin taking the best pictures; discover additional native camera features; learn tips on general photography basics; spend time practicing taking pictures in the garden; and process an image on your iPhone. Plus, we'll discuss tips and information for iPhone photography accessories and some of Mary's favorite applications. Open to all levels of iPhone shooters!
What to Bring
Your iPhone with Snapseed loaded (a free editing application found in the App Store) and your iPad (optional) with Snapseed loaded for editing if you prefer a larger screen.
About Mary Doherty
Mary Doherty is an award winning photographer specializing in creative fine art photography. Her work has been selected for local, regional, and national juried photography exhibits and has been published in Insiders' Guides, WNC magazine, and Nature's Best magazine. Mary is a member of Carolinas' Nature Photographers Association, and Photographic Society of America where she received a Certification for Image Analysis. Mary is a Getty Images Contributor and continues to strengthen her visual artistry through workshops with acclaimed photographers like Tony Sweet, Bryan Peterson, and Freeman Patterson.
- $40.00 for members, $50.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this workshop.