Mark Weathington, Director
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018 – 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
Hollies have long been used to decorate homes during the winter holidays. Romans used holly in decorations during Saturnalia, the liveliest Pagan festival of the year celebrating the winter solstice. Early Christians didn't use hollies, but traditions eventually grew to use them in Christmas decorations. Discover some of our favorite hollies at the JC Raulston Arboretum on this tour with Mark Weathington.
- Free for members, $5.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Tour begins at the Visitor Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.