Mark Weathington, Director
- Tuesday, September 4, 2018 – 9:00 am–10:30 am
- Tuesday, September 4, 2018 – 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
"Mono" means one and "cot" is short for cotyledon, but don't let this technical term keep you away from this tour featuring some of the JC Raulston Arboretum's favorite and most showy monocots. Monocots include some of the most familiar and favorite plants including grasses, lilies, orchids, palms, agaves, gingers, and many others. They range in size from the tiniest flowering plant, duckweed, to towering palms.
- Free for members, $5.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Tour begins at the Visitor Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.