Yoga in the Gardens
"Sunset Vinyasa Flow"
Cecily Smith, Yogi
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 – 6:30 pm–7:45 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 – 6:30 pm–7:45 pm
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 – 6:30 pm–7:45 pm
Come out for a chill flow accompanied by soothing tunes and a beautiful view of the Finley-Nottingham Rose Garden. We will focus on movement and breath, and listening to the inner voice and intuition of the crazy intelligent vehicles that we move around in everyday and call home (our bodies). Leave your troubles and your ego at the gate.
About Cecily Smith
Cecily is a North Carolina native yogi who trained in the ultimate yogi paradise—Bali, Indonesia. Inspired by the Hindu culture and traditions, her travels, and her background in gymnastics, dance, and cheerleading, she brings it all to the mat for you in her teaching. She is well-versed in multiple yogic styles and principles including Vinyasa, Yin, and Acro yoga and looks forward to sharing these with her students. Learn how yoga can improve mental clarity and physical health and also how to balance on your hands or fly on someone's feet! Cecily looks forward to inspiring others to embark on their personal journey to a healthy and balanced lifestyle through the practice of yoga.
Notes about Each Class
We will meet at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center and then walk to the location for practice as a group. There are so many beautiful spaces to explore, so we will try to change it up. If you are late, no worries! You are still more than welcome to join us—there will be a sign at the Visitor Center that will have our location for that specific day!
Classes will run about 75 minutes. Please try to arrive on site at least 10 minutes before the start time to account for time needed to park and walk to the Visitor Center.
Please remember to bring a mat and/or towel and water! There are water fountains at the Visitor Center but we will be practicing deep inside the Arboretum, so it's best to bring a bottle of some sort to fill up before we relocate location. If you do not own a yoga mat, a towel or sheet can be used instead, since most of the time we will be in practicing in a grassy area.
- Recommended fee: $10.00. Please pay with cash at the beginning of each class.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about these yoga classes.