The Nature of Drawing: Holiday Card Edition
- Saturday, October 7, 2017 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Join artist and landscape designer, Preston Montague, for an exciting two hours of creative play using botanical illustration to create your own unique holiday card! Preston will introduce participants to the basics of botanical illustration using plants found in the JC Raulston Arboretum. No drawing experience is required. By the end of the session you will have developed basic drawing skills as well as having created a beautiful, personalized card that can be printed and used for holiday correspondences! All supplies will be provided, you only need to show up and be ready to play!
About Preston Montague
Preston Montague is an artist, educator, and landscape designer who developed a passion for the natural world while growing up in the rural foothills of Virginia. Currently, he lives in Durham, North Carolina working on projects that encourage stronger relationships between people and their environment. His latest body of work, Codex Carolinum, is a series of didactic botanical illustrations using art and storytelling to foster natural science literacy.
- $25.00 for members, $35.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 30 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this program.