Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Beardless Irises for Your Garden"
Carol Warner, Draycott Gardens
- Sunday, October 29, 2017 – 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
Carol 's program will focus on different types of beardless irises to produce a long season of bloom for your garden. Most of her pictures are taken in her garden.
About Carol Warner
Carol Warner is the owner of Draycott Gardens in Upperco, Maryland, a small Web-based mail-order business specializing in beardless irises. She is a Maryland native and graduate of the University of Maryland. Her 39-year relationship with irises began in 1976 when she joined the Francis Scott Key Iris Society. She is an American Iris Society Emeritus Judge and past President of both the Society for Siberian Irises and the Society for Japanese Irises. Her gardens have been featured in Good Housekeeping, Chesapeake Home, Baltimore Magazine, Arrive Magazine, and also on HGTV 's A Gardener 's Diary.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.