Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Fairy in the Garden
Spend the morning in our magical fairy gardens looking for fairies. Make a magical wand and decorate a fairy door to start a fairy garden in your gardens at home!
- All ages!
- $5.00 per child for Arboretum family members, $10.00 per child for nonmembers
- Register online to save your spot using our registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Check in at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.