Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 – 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Start at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center and explore the gardens on a scavenger hunt.
This is a free event for all ages. We hope that you enjoy all the gardens, but please leave all the leaves and flowers on the plants for others to enjoy as well. Only allow your family to collect materials that have fallen off of the plants.
- All ages!
- Free self-guided activity
- This is a free, drop-in program. No advance registration is available.
- Pick up your scavenger hunt at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.