Project PLANTS Science Saturdays
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Get your fill on the science craze! Project PLANTS explores agriculture and horticulture sciences all year round with Science Saturdays—a Saturday morning science workshop to explore science concepts with hands-on projects and experiments! Join us to dive into topics such as water quality, photosynthesis, plant chemistry, animal science, local agriculture and more! Workshops are open to Project PLANTS members and middle school students.
Honey Harvest: Stay Sweet
Throughout the year, Project PLANTS has been learning about apiculture—the science of keeping bees. After a long winter, our bees will be busy collecting pollen from all of the new blooms! It will be time to harvest honey, and to appreciate all of the delicious and useful reasons to celebrate bee products. This will also be our final Celebration of the 2017-2018 Project PLANTS cohort, where we will look back on all we have accomplished and learned throughout the year. Families and loved ones will be invited to come see what all we 've been up to!
- Project PLANTS members and 7th grade middle school students
- There is no charge for members of Project PLANTS (those who attended Project PLANTS summer camp), and a $30.00 registration fee for all others. Scholarships are available!
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is only open to Project PLANTS members and 7th grade middle school students.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies, when applicable.
- The Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011 for more information about this workshop, or visit theProject Plants website.