Project PLANTS Children's Program
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Get your fill on the science craze! Project PLANTS explores agriculture and horticulture sciences all year round with Science Saturdaze—a Saturday morning science workshop to explore science concepts with hands-on projects and experiments! Join us to dive into topics such as water quality, photosynthesis, plant chemistry, animal science, local agriculture and more! Workshops are open to Project PLANTS members and middle school students.
From the Ground Up
Come out to the October Project PLANTS Science SaturDAZE workshop for From the Ground Up--how building healthy soil in turn helps us build healthy bodies. We'll learn how plant and human nutrition are connected and ways to increase soil health using cover crops. We'll also end our time with a fun fall favorite: exploding pumpkins!
Other Upcoming Programs in this Series
- Project PLANTS members and 7th grade middle school students
- There is no charge for members of Project PLANTS (those who attended Project PLANTS summer camp), and a $30.00 registration fee for all others. Scholarships are available!
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is only open to Project PLANTS members and 7th grade middle school students.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies, when applicable.
- The Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call Sarah Dinger at (914) 815-5226 for more information about this workshop, or visit theProject Plants website.