Day Tripping to Homewood Nursery to See Their Poinsettia Trials
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Homewood Nursery is a family-owned nursery is known for trialing and selling poinsettias in its production greenhouses in north Raleigh. On this tour, owner Joe Stoffregen, will guide us through the production greenhouse and explain the process of annually growing both the new and the tried-and-true varieties of poinsettias. Once we finish Joe's tour, day trippers can shop the nursery where plants are available for inside or outdoors, including, of course, poinsettias. The nursery's retail sections include a gift shop stocked for the holidays and garden-related items, from bulbs to fertilizers to bird feeders. Remember, JCRA members get a 10% discount on all regularly priced plants. Bring your JCRA membership card!
- $10.00 for members, $15.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Homewood Nursery, 10809 Honeycutt Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Driving directions will be provided to all registered participants.
- Free parking is available at Homewood Nursery.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.