Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"The JCRA's Grass-roots Master Plan"
Harriet Bellerjeau, Rick Boggs, Suzanne Edney, Jeff Evans, Beth Jimenez, Robert Mackintosh, and Matt Roberts, Grass-roots Master Plan Design Committee
- Thursday, June 21, 2007 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Time for the JCRA to begin a new era with the presentation of the Grass-roots Master Plan. Meet the JCRA master plan design committee: Harriet Bellerjeau, Rick Boggs, Suzanne Edney, Jeff Evans, Beth Jimenez, Robert Mackintosh, and Matt Roberts. They want to thank everyone who participated in coming forth with exceptional and exciting ideas that made this Grass-roots Master Plan possible. Included in their presentation will be descriptions of the expanded Asian Valley; the Central Entrance; the green Ellipse; the extended Mixed Border, the Plantsman's Woods; the double Perennial Walk; the Annuals Sweep along with Mt. Raulston to name a few of the transitions which will improve the face of the JCRA for future generations. Please come to the lecture to understand and de-mystify the process of development from conception to final design.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this event.