Seventh Annual Spring Egg Hunt
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 – 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 – 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- Thursday, March 29, 2018 – 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- Friday, March 30, 2018 – 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- Saturday, March 31, 2018 – 10:00 am–2:00 pm
Welcome spring this year with the Seventh Annual Spring Egg Hunt! The fun starts on Tuesday, March 27 and stays until Saturday, March 31.
This isn't your typical egg hunt! In case you haven't participated before, here is how it works.
There are brightly painted wooden eggs hidden throughout the Arboretum gardens. Begin your hunt by picking up an answer sheet in the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center. Search the Arboretum for the hidden eggs and write down the letters you find on them. After unscrambling the letters, come back to the visitor's center during staffed hours to tell us the secret word and receive a small prize.
This is a self-guided, fun family activity for all ages. The eggs won't be tricky, so no need to climb the trees or dig in the mulch. Just come with your sense of adventure and a little bit of spring fever.
No baskets or reservations required. Come anytime during the open hours listed for each day, but make sure to finish before closing time to receive your prize! All ages are welcome.
- All ages
- Free self-guided activity
- Advance registration is not available.
- Start your hunt at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.