Day Tripping to Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden and High Point University
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 – 8:45 am–4:30 pm
Our final day trip of the spring season be a full day two wonderful and very different gardens. In the morning, we'll tour the Paul J. Ceiner Botanical Garden in Kernersville with Adrienne Roethling. A continually expanding garden, this is a delight for home gardeners who can get ideas from Adrienne on growing vegetables while commercial landscapers can see how to offer parking lot gardens. After lunch in Kernersville, we will head to High Point University where Jon Roethling will be our guide for this extensive and beautiful campus which was formally named the Mariana Qubein Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in 2009. Jon has been instrumental in offering a wide variety of plants and beautifully developed areas for a privately funded college campus whose leaders recognize the value of green space.
8:45 am – Depart JCRA
10:15 am – Arrive Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden – Tour (one hour) with Adrienne Roethling
11:30 am – Lunch at Mae's Vintage Kitchen, one block from PJCBG
12:20 pm – Depart Mae's Vintage Kitchen
12:45 pm – Arrive High Point Univeristy
1:00 pm – Tour (two hour) of High Point University with Jon Roethling
3:00 pm – Depart High Point University
4:30 pm – Arrive JCRA
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.