Landscape Potential VI: Activating the Backyard
Preston Montague, Landscape Designer and Botanical Illustrator
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 – 9:00 am–11:00 am
Consider the performance of your home landscape. Would you describe it as a fit, functional work of art that reflects your lifestyle and encourages outdoor activity? If not, join landscape designer Preston Montague at the JCRA for a design course series that will help you revise and reboot your outdoor space.
Landscape Potential VI will help participants reimagine the way their backyard supports their lifestyle and encourages outdoor activity. This exciting two-part course begins with a presentation on strategies for designing an active backyard, followed by a practicum in which participants individually bring in photographs and maps of their property for a one-on-one consultation with Preston to solve any landscape challenges they may be facing.
By the end of the two-part course, participants will have not only been introduced to strategies for encouraging outdoor activity in the backyard, but will also have personalized professional advice for unlocking the potential of their home's most dynamic room!
Participants wishing to take the practicum portion of this program need to register for it separately by calling Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005. To ensure availability, please contact Chris prior to registering online. Individual, one-hour sessions with Preston are available on Sunday, April 30 from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
The following practicum times are already taken:
Sunday, April 30
1:00 PM - Steve
2:00 PM - available
3:00 PM - Sally
4:00 PM - available
5:00 PM - available
- $30.00 for members, $40.00 for nonmembers for April 29 class; $120.00 for members, $160.00 for nonmembers for the April 29 class and a practicum on Sunday, April 30.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 24 people in the class and five people for the practicums and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this course.