Day Tripping to Brie Arthur's Private Garden
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016 – 12:15 pm–3:30 pm
We've started a wait list for this program. Please ask Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the wait list.
Brie and David Arthur began their suburban Fuquay Foodscape in January 2011. Utilizing the traditional landscape beds, Brie weaves edibles seamlessly through a woody ornamental base of plant material. Changing seasonally, this garden is beautiful and bountiful, providing more than 60% of their yearly produce. Managed organically, Brie utilizes seed to achieve mass plantings of unusual edibles such as wheat, oats, cane sorghum, and rice. With more than fifty varieties of heirloom tomatoes growing, Brie and David are experimenting with in garden aquaponic and hydroponic systems.
In addition to touring the garden with Brie, she'll serve guests snacks and beverages and we'll participate in one of Brie's famous tomato tastings.
Note: Handicap-accessible bathroom are not available.
12:15 pm – Meet at Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum
12:30 pm — Depart JCRA
1:00 pm – Arrive at Brie Arthur's private garden
3:00 pm – Depart Brie's garden
3:00 pm – Arrive JCRA
- $15.00 for members, $20.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The tour departs from the JC Raulston Arboretum at 4415 Beryl Road.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this tour.