Juried Print Competition
Sponsored by the JC Raulston Arboretum and the Triangle Carolinas Nature Photographers Association
- Friday, August 19, 2016 – 9:00 am–6:00 pm
– Entries Accepted
- Saturday, August 20, 2016 – 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
– Opening Reception
Calling all photographers! Do you have an eye for beauty? Would you like to share your work with other people who would appreciate it? If so, the Juried Print Competition is for you. Adults and youth can submit original photographic prints of garden or plant related subjects. Distinguished judges will determine the winning images and cash awards will be presented. The winning prints along with the judges' favorites will be displayed at the Arboretum during the month of September for the public to see. Don't delay! Start capturing your favorite images today. Maybe yours will become "Best in Show."
This competition is open to all levels of photography experience and to photographic prints only. There will be four prizes for adult entries: Best in Show will win $200, 1st place will win $100, 2nd place will win $75, and 3rd place will win $50. There will be a Best in Show for the youth category (age 16 and under) with the winning prize being $50.
- Categories: Adult and Youth (16 and under).
- The competition is open to photographic prints only and photographers of any level.
- Images may be taken anywhere outdoors (no studio photography), but they must be garden or plant related. When the photograph includes insects or animals, the plant must be the major focus.
- Enhancements and modifications to the image to make it more closely represent the original subject photographed are allowed.
- Text and/or borders are not allowed anywhere on the face of the image or mat.
- Entrants must have captured and created the image. Youth entries must be the work of the youth with no assistance from an adult.
- The entry may not have been published prior to the contest (social media is okay).
- Each entrant is limited to a total of two photographs.
- All work must be properly mounted and wired for hanging:
- Matted with a white mat or no mat for 11" × 14" prints,
- Mounted in an 11" × 14" simple, black frame (no larger than 1" wide and 1" deep), and
- The image may not exceed 11" × 14" but may be smaller (e.g., an 8" × 10" image matted to 11" × 14").
- Clip frames and canvas wrap prints are not allowed.
- Prints are to be hand delivered.
- The decisions by judges are final.
- Winners will have to submit digital files of their image to the JC Raulston Arboretum and the images may be used by JCRA for promotional purposes.
- Photographs not picked up by October 13 become the property of the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Neither the JCRA nor the Triangle CNPA can be held responsible for loss or damage from any cause. See Web site for details.