Gardening Adventures with Extension Master Gardener Volunteers
Cohosted by the Extension Master Gardeners and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Pollinator Gardens Should be Waterwise Gardens"
Trish MacPherson, Wake County Extension Master Gardener
- Monday, May 23, 2016 – 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
What is a pollinator garden? What is a water-wise garden? And, why should they be the same? These are topics Trish MacPherson will discuss in her presentation. She'll cover why we need pollinator gardens, what pollinators need in a garden, how to protect pollinators, and information about the variety of pollinators. The talk will include good pollinator plants season by season and how to extend your pollinator season. The water-wise garden at the State Fairgrounds will be used as an example to explain water-wise principles.
Trish MacPherson is a retired stream ecologist, who worked for Progress Energy and then the state's Division of Water Quality as supervisor of the Biological Assessment Unit. She has been an Extension Master Gardener (EMG) for seven years, helps maintain two EMG water-wise demonstration gardens, and is the garden leader for the Entry Garden at JCRA.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, Wake County Extension Master Gardeners, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.