Chrysanthemum Propagation Workshop
Sponsored by the Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Making More Magical Mums … and Their Care"
Joan Matthews, President, Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 – 8:30 am–11:30 am
Participants will be shown how to take stem cuttings from mums for propagation. Post cutting care and general mum growing will be presented care. A discussion of the 13 Classes of chrysanthemums will help individuals make informed choices as to which Classes of mums they will want to grow. A good resource for pre-class info is at the National Chrysanthemum Society website (mums.org). Participants will leave with 3 to 6 cuttings of cultivars.
About Joan Matthews
Joan is a retired teacher who fell under the spell of mums several years ago. Her goal is to share these majestic mums before they disappear entirely from home gardens. Watch WRAL's Tarheel Traveler visited with Joan in November 2015. Watch the video of her garden and mums online.
- $20.00 for members, $25.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event.