Rain Garden Design and Installation Workshop
Sponsored by the Department of Horticultural Science, Stewart Design, and the JC Raulston Arboretum
- Thursday, May 19, 2016 – 8:00 am–4:00 pm
Wait List Notice
We're no longer accepting wait list requests due to the size of the list.
If you're looking for programs with landscape contractor continuing education credits, please be on the outlook for the Field Day held here at the JCRA on June 29 and the Johnston County Nursery Marketing Association's summer trade show. No other information is known at this time.
Hands-on Design and Installation of a Rain Garden
This day-long workshop will explore site analysis and the design process for a rain garden that will be installed to rectify a drainage problem at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University. Participants will get hands-on experience in the construction and plant installation of this rain garden.
Notes: This workshop is open to green industry professionals only. In the case of adverse weather, this program will be rescheduled.
This program's original date was Thursday, February 25. It was rescheduled to Thursday, May 19 due to rain.
8:00 am–8:15 am – Gathering and welcoming
8:15 am–9:00 am – Stormwater remediation benefits of rain gardens
9:00 am–10:00 am – Design considerations for rain gardens
10:00 am–12:00 pm – Hands-on construction of the rain gardens
12:00 pm–1:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm– 2:00 pm – Plants in rain gardens
2:00 pm– 4:00 pm – Planting the rain gardens
Continuing Education Credit
The North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects Continuing Education Credits
The North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects has approved this seminar for seven hours of continuing education credit. The course number is 11391.
The North Carolina Landscape Contractors' Licensing Board
The NC Landscape Contractors' Licensing Board approved this program for seven continuing education unit (course #313). Sign in sheets will be available at the end of the program.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 20 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this program.