Summer Garden Camp
Monday, July 18, 2016 through Friday, July 22, 2016 – 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Learn about trees, insects, seeds, and soils while solving a garden mystery.
Who or what is wreaking havoc in our gardens?
Our young Nature Detectives learn a variety of green and growing lessons as they trail a "Mad Gardener" who does everything in the garden exactly the WRONG way.
Designed by elementary education and horticulture specialists, this active, outdoor curriculum gives campers the satisfaction and confidence that comes from solving problems with their newly acquired knowledge.
Enrollment is limited to 12 campers. Campers bring a bagged lunch and snack from home.
- Rising 1st to 3rd graders.
- $225.00 for members, $255.00 for nonmembers.
- This camp is full. To add your child's name to the wait list, send an e-mail with your child's name, month and year of birth, and a telephone number you can be reached to email@example.com.
Registration fees are 100% refundable when the Arboretum cancels the camp. Memberships are not refundable.
Participants wishing to withdraw from a camp that has not been canceled by the Arboretum must provide a written request by May 27, 2016. If the withdrawal request is received by May 27, 2016, a refund will be given minus a 15% administrative fee per child per camp. No fees will be refunded if registration is canceled after May 27, 2016.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Camp drop off and pick up will be in the brick circle at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.