Take a Child Outside Week
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Friday, September 25 – Nature Walk Crowns
Join us for a nature walk. We will explore the gardens and gather materials to adore our nature crowns.
Spots are limited for this program. Please register your child online in advance. Caregivers participate with children.
This is an outdoor program. Please dress for the weather.
- All ages!
- $5.00 per child.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.