Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Apples from the 'Seed' to the Table"
Mike Parker, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Horticultural Science
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Mike Parker is an authority on apples, peaches, and alternative fruit crops. He'll discuss the culture and management of apples in the home garden, and share his recommendations on the best varieties to grow. Join us to learn about how easy it is to grow and enjoy this healthful fruit in your home garden. Remember, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. This FOA Lecture was scheduled to take place after the apple harvest in North Carolina so Mike could bring some apples to try.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.