Holiday Wreath Workshop
Christopher Todd Glenn, Programs and Education Coordinator
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014 – 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
Decorate your home for the holidays with a designer wreath you made at the JC Raulston Arboretum. Hands-on instruction will be provided, and all participants will create a wreath of their own to take home.
All materials needed for these workshops will be provided including a vast assortment of greens from the JCRA's plant collections for your wreath, however, participants are encouraged to bring items for their wreaths or to share.
The JCRA's Holiday Wreath Workshop was featured on In the Garden with Bryce Lane on December 22, 2012, in an episode titled "Holiday Gardening." See the fun we have during the workshop by watching the episode (skip to 11:07).
Due to popular demand, we're offering two workshops—one at 1:00 PM and another at 4:00 PM. These workshops fill quickly so register early to reserve your spot.
- This workshop is open to adults and youths. Youths are welcome to participate with a caregiver. In this case, the registration fee covers both participants, but only one wreath will be made.
- Small wreath: $40.00 for members, $50.00 for nonmembers; large wreath: $45.00 for members, $55.00 for nonmembers. Payment covers all supplies needed, however, participants are encouraged to bring items for their wreaths or to share. The small wreath is ideal for doors while the large wreath is ideal for large doors, fences, and walls.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our new registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people per session and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Workshop cancellations can be made through November 21, 2014. No refunds will be made after November 21. A $5.00 cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this event.