Camellia Display and Floral Design Show at the JCRA
Sponsored by the Triangle Camellia Society in cooperation with the Raleigh Garden Club and the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State
- Saturday, March 11, 2006 – 8:00 am–4:00 pm
The Triangle Camellia Society, the Raleigh Garden Club, and the JC Raulston Arboretum invite you to bring your biggest, best, and most beautiful camellia blooms to enter for display, one bloom to a stem. Members of the Triangle Camellia Society will be available to help you to identify those unknown camellias that you have growing in your yard. Don't forget to vote for your favorite bloom! Door prizes will be awarded after the seminar.
Schedule of Events
8:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Blossoms Accepted for Show
11:00 AM-12:00 PM – Camellia Tour at the JCRA with Dick Pearson
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Outstanding Camellia Plants Available for Purchase
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Camellia Display and Floral Design Show
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Seminar on Camellias
Tom Bumgarner, Master Gardener, JCRA Volunteer, and Member of the Triangle Camellia Society will present on "Soil Preparation for Growing Camellias."
Anne Clapp, Member of the Triangle Camellia Society and the Raleigh Garden Club, and recognized widely for her "Weekend Gardener" program on 680 WPTF Radio and News 14 Carolina TV, will provide a "Demonstration Using Camellias in Floral Design."
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- For more information contact Lou Bryant at (919) 467-6876 or firstname.lastname@example.org.