Garden Buds Children's Program
- Friday, November 8, 2013 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
November's theme is "Pumpkins." We carve them at Halloween and eat them as pie at Thanksgiving. Pumpkins are the perfect thing to have some fun with in November!
Garden Buds is a hands-on, seasonal theme program for preschool aged children. In each session, Garden Buds will discover a garden theme through hands-on activities, creative art projects, stories, and a snack. Parents and caregivers are requested to stay with their children during the program.
Garden Buds Program is suggested for ages three to five year olds.
Here's sample schedule of a typical program:
10:00 AM–10:10 AM: Investigation station
10:10 AM–10:25 AM: Welcome song and theme of the day
10:25 AM–10:45 AM: Craft project
10:45 AM–11:00 AM: Make a garden snack
11:00 AM–11:15 AM: Story and snack time
11:15 AM–11:25 AM: Garden walk
11:25 AM–11:30 AM: Good-bye song
Wondering what to bring or how to dress?
Please bring a reusable cup for snack time to help us reduce the amount of trash our program generates. If your child has food allergies, please make a special note about that on the registration form or make it known when registering.
Please dress for the weather as try to walk in the gardens during each class. If it is raining, we will stay indoors. Some crafts can be messy, so be prepared for the occasional spill or splatter.
Want to know if you can bring siblings or what the fee covers?
This program is a wonderful opportunity to have focused time with your child, so please make other arrangements for younger siblings.
- $10.00 per child for Friends of the Arboretum, $12.00 per child for all others.
- Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Please register by contacting Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011. Registration fees cover each child and caregiver pair and all supplies needed for the program.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Ruby McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.