Day Tripping to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Saturday, September 24, 2005 – 8:00 am–9:00 pm
Join us on our day trip to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, one of the jewels in the Queen City's crown. Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden sits on 450 acres along the banks of Lake Wylie and is part nature preserve, part showcase for the best of Southern horticulture. Enjoy nine distinctly themed gardens as we tour with Doug Ruhren, JCRA's former Perennial Border co-curator.
8:00 AM – Depart from the JCRA, Raleigh
11:30 AM – Arrive at DSBG, Belmont
12:00 PM – Lunch
1:00 PM – Tour with Doug Ruhren
3:00 PM – Tour on own
4:30 PM – Depart from DSBG, Belmont
7:00 PM – Dinner (on your own)
8:00 PM – Resume return trip to Raleigh
9:00 PM – Arrive at JCRA
This trip has filled and we have started a waiting list.
- $55.00. Rate includes comfortable motor coach throughout, entrance fee, and lunch.
- To register, please call Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 by September 1, 2005 (Thursday). Full payment is due at the time of registration and can be made by credit card or check. This trip is limited to 42 travelers. Reservations can be canceled through August 31, 2005 (Wednesday). Refunds will be made in the form of a single use credit which can be applied to a future JCRA transaction (membership, programs, Gala, etc.). In the advent of low registration, the Arboretum reserves the right to cancel the trip.
- The trip begins at the JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please visit our Web site or call (919) 513-7005 for more information.