Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
- Sunday, September 29, 2013 – 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
Take Your Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Cloud Watching. Spread out a blanket on our grassy lawns in the gardens and enjoy watching the passing clouds. Pick up some drawing paper and a pencil in the Visitor Center to capture some of your favorites.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Tour begins at the brick building at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4301 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.