Ongoing Programs Children's Program
Registration Closed; Wait List Started
"Kid Approved Annual Trial Day"
- Friday, June 28, 2013 – 10:30 am–12:00 pm
It's our first "Kid Approved Annual Trial Day." The Annual Color Trials area is one of 21 official All-America Selections (AAS) testing sites for new cultivars of bedding plants. Each year annuals and tender perennials are planted, and the performance of each is carefully recorded and evaluated.
This year, we are asking the kids which are their favorites! While the younger children are participating in Garden Storytime, the older kids are going to talk about the annual trials programs at the Arboretum, put on their best scientist thinking caps to evaluate some plants, and find out where some of the plants call home.
At the end of the program, each child will receive five flags to go pick out their favorite plants. We'll tally the results and crown the first ever "Kid Approved" gold, silver, and bronze medal winners to post on our Web site.
Included in the registration fee is a morning of fun learning in the garden, five votes, and a hot dog lunch complete with chips and a drink!
Advance registration is required since space is limited! Register early to reserve your spot!
Suggested ages: six and up.
- $5 per child.
- Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Please register by contacting Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Bobby G. Wilder Visitor's Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.