Family Fun Event Children's Program
"Summer Solstice Family Fun Night"
- Friday, June 21, 2013 – 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
Come celebrate the longest day of the year at the JCRA's Summer Solstice Family Fun Night.
5:30 PM – Deli-icous Food Truck
Deli-icious kicks off the night when they open the truck up at 5:30 PM in the Brick Parking Circle. Order delicious gourmet paninis from their menu to fill you up.
6:00 PM – Outdoor Games
Grab your Deli-icious food and come on into the Arboretum at 6:00 PM to enjoy some fun outdoor family games and to grab your cup of NC State's Howling Cow ice cream. Admission to the games on the event lawn and a ticket for ice cream is covered in the $2 per person fee.
7:00 PM – Dr. Seuss's The Lorax in the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center
If you're in the mood for a movie, you don't have to wait for the sun to set. Movie night starts at 7:00 PM in the McSwain Center. Make sure to bring your picnic blanket to relax on while watching the movie. Movie admission will be limited to 175 people, so make sure to reserve your ticket early. Admission is $1 per person.
8:34 PM – Catch the sunset on the A. E. Finley Rooftop Terrace
The last event of the evening is at 8:34 PM, the sunset on the longest day of the year.
Mark your calendars and be sure to join us!
Ticket sales are cash or check only. Make sure to bring cash with you since there is no ATM onsite.
- $2 per person for admission to outdoor games and ticket for Howling Cow ice cream cup. Movie admission is $1 per person and limited to 175 people.
- To register in advance, contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.