Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Sponsored by the Eastern North Carolina Iris Society and the JCRA
"Miniature Dwarf Bearded Irises"
Bob Pries, Eastern North Carolina Iris Society
- Thursday, April 4, 2013 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Over 50,000 cultivars of bearded irises exist, but only 1,300 of those are miniature dwarf irises. Venture into the world of these irises that are no taller than 10" as Bob discusses some of his favorites.
About Bob Pries
Bob Pries has been gardening in North Carolina for four years, but he's been gardening for decades. He's an avid collector of irises and has done some breeding as well. He's on the board of the American Iris Society and is a vice president of the Species Iris Group of North America (a section of the American Iris Society), the Dwarf Iris Society, and the Aril Society International (desert iris). Bob has a Master's of Plant Ecology from the University of Missouri.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.