Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
- Friday, September 28, 2012 – 10:30 am–11:30 am
Explore the outdoors with your family at the Arboretum!
Take Your Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
September's Garden Storytime. Grab your picnic blanket and come join us in the garden for storytime. We will meet at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center and head out into the gardens together. There will be garden stories, songs, and movement, and a craft to take home.
This program is suggested for children ages three to five and their caregivers.
- $5 per child.
- Advance registration is required. To register, please e-mail Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Bobby G. Wilder Visitor's Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7007.