Sponsored by the Eastern North Carolina Iris Society in Cooperation with the JC Raulston Arboretum
- Saturday, July 21, 2012 – 9:00 am–4:00 pm
The Eastern North Carolina Iris Society will hold their 7th annual sale of quality iris plants at the JC Raulston Arboretum on Saturday, July 21.
Included in the sale will be recently introduced bearded and beardless irises from local gardens in several local counties. Reblooming irises will also be available. Plants are priced from $5.00 to $10.00 each and a free iris will be given to anyone who joins the American Iris Society at the sale. Members of the society will be present to answer questions about growing irises in our area and will have free printed information on planting, digging, and dividing existing iris plants.
The ENCIS is a nonprofit affiliate of the American Iris Society and was formed in the early 60s. Meetings are held four times during the year and are usually in the Triangle area. See the American Iris Society Web site at http://www.irises.org for complete information about irises and to learn how to cultivate your garden for exceptional flowers.
- Free admission.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Susan Grigg at (919) 870-8345 or (919) 971-4012 for more information.