Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Perennial Vegetables: Asparagus, Artichokes, Fiddlehead Ferns, and More"
Frank Hyman, Cottage Garden Landscaping
- Thursday, November 4, 2010 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Frank Hyman loves growing annual vegetables but has cottoned to perennial vegetables partly for their taste, but also because there's less work involved—they don't need to be replanted each season. Frank will share slides and growing advice on a wide range of vegetables that bounce back every spring like rhubarb, lovage, sunchokes, prickly pear, sorrel, and giant Solomon Seal.
Frank Hyman has BS in Landscape Horticulture from NCSU and his writing appears in Horticulture, Urban Farm and Fine Gardening magazines. His blog is www.liberatedgardener.net.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.