Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Presented by the Triangle Bonsai Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"Bonsai with Native Plants"
Harold Johnson, Triangle Bonsai Society
- Thursday, April 22, 2010 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Why do bonsaists in Japan use Japanese black pine, Japanese maple, Japanese white pine, etc.? Obviously these varieties are native to Japan. What about using U.S. plant varieties? We'll explore the use of native material for bonsai.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.