Tree Care Demonstration
- Tuesday, December 2, 2008 – 10:00 am–11:00 am
The tree experts from Bartlett Tree Experts will discuss the total tree care program they have implemented to restore the health of one of the Arboretum's signature trees, the fastigiate Quercus robur. This tree resides near the entrance to the Klein-Pringle White Garden. The tree has been negatively impacted over the years due to its proximity to the old gravel parking lot, suffering from soil compaction and other stresses. The Bartlett staff will discuss their ongoing program to restore the health of this tree, including soil sampling and nutritional management, pruning strategies, insect and borer control, and compacted soil remediation. Included in this program will be a demonstration of "air spading," the use of high pressure air to alleviate localized soil compaction. Please join us for what promises to be an interesting program.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Meets north of the Klein-Pringle White Garden near the Quercus robur f. fastigiata. JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.