Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Thread Count: The Poetry of Terri Kirby Erickson"
Terri Kirby Erickson, Poet
- Thursday, January 24, 2008 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
The JC Raulston Arboretum presents a reading of the poems by Terri Kirby Erickson. Terri will read several of her nature and plant themed poems from Thread Count in addition to a few new ones.
"Like a time capsule," Terri's "poetry draws in a reader as vividly as a snapshot or a painting, but with descriptions of emotions and environments that are lost in translation with film or paint." – Denise Kasper, Winston-Salem Journal.
Terri Kirby Erickson is a poet, teacher, freelance editor, and visual artist. As a member of the Courses for Community faculty at Salem College in Winston-Salem, she taught a course in the fall of 2006 entitled, "Poetry as Distilled Experience." She also conducts poetry seminars for Forsyth County teenagers, sponsored by the Forsyth County Public Library. Her work has been published or accepted by many publications, including Paris Voice, The Christian Science Monitor, the Northwest Cultural Council's 2006 and 2007 International Juried Art and Poetry Exhibits, Forsyth Woman Magazine, the North Carolina Arts Council, Wild Birds Unlimited, and in five anthologies by Old Mountain Press: In the Yard, Mountain Time, Home for the Holidays, Looking Back, and Night Whispers.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.