Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Plant Lust Vol. 1: Variegation"
Mark Weathington, Assistant Director
- Thursday, October 18, 2007 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
We've all succumbed to Plant Lust, one of the worst of the gardening sins (along with mulch volcanoes and green meatball foundation plantings). A craving for variegated plants is often the first sign of this insidious affliction. Who needs flowers anyway when your foliage is colorful all season long? Variegated plants provide punch and drama to the landscape, but they can become an obsession. Join me in a tour of my descent into variegation madness.
Special notice: Parking will be limited on Beryl Road on October 18, 2007, due to the North Carolina State Fair. Additional spaces will be available in the 512 Brickhaven Building's parking lot. Please allow a little extra time to get to the Arboretum and to find a parking space.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum, along Beryl Road, and in the 512 Brickhaven Building's parking lot.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this event.